Saturday, October 16, 2010

Jar-o-lanterns (haha)

More non-scary Halloween decorations. I got this idea from Taste of Home magazine and I LOVE them. Choose jars of various sizes (I used old pickle jars). Brush a coat of Mod Podge on the jar. Then cover the entire jar, including neck and bottom, with layer of tissue paper. I would recommend covering half the jar rather than the whole jar. Easier to work with. Slather the tissue paper with another layer of Mod Podge. You can wrap ribbon around the neck but I didn't have any. I got the faces from tasteofhome.com/lantern or you can make your own. Cut them out and use more Mod Podge to attach them to the jar. I bought some battery-operated tea lights at Walmart for $2.50 to put inside. Or you could fill them with candy. Cute right? This was a very cheap project. I think I will make some for Christmas too!

5 comments:

alecia said...

wow, upcycled pickle jars! I love it! You are the queen.

Bre And Drew said...

holy cow. you're so amazing! that candy corn tissue paper is SO cute! this is an awesome idea. :)

ms aimee said...

wow. really really cute!!

lady di said...

I'm thinking that first jar with orange, green, and black/white could be in the scary category. Actually I like them all--good job, Brittany!

Angie said...

sooo cute britt. your crafts inspire me to keep it simple. :) i tend to over complicate things. that doesn't sound like me does it?!