Monday, June 13, 2011

Burp Cloths

Are these the cutest things you've ever seen?? I was looking online for burp cloth ideas and found one that I loved and knew would be so easy to make. I bought a yard of flannel at Joann's today and lucky for me they were having a 50% off sale and was able to get 2 kinds of fabric. One yard of fabric makes 4 burp cloths, depending on the size of your pattern. It's not too hard to figure out how to make these by looking at the pic but I'll give instructions anyway. I LOVE them!

First I folded my fabric with right sides together and traced a burp cloth of Brandon's that was big and I knew I liked.

Then I sewed the two pieces together (wrong sides together now) at  1/2" seam and cut the edges about 1/4" apart.

And that's pretty much it. All you have to do now is wash them so that the edges fray. I can't believe how much I love them. So fun to make for your own baby and make a GREAT gift too.
Oh, and Brandon chose the fabric for the bottom one :)

6 comments:

alecia said...

How sweet! And much easier than the crochet edging!

Katelyn said...

He has good taste! I love the fabric! Where did you get it? You're so talented!

Bre And Drew said...

OOOO I love this idea! So simple. I think I might just make a few of these! :)

lady di said...

What fun and practical creations -- you're the best! You will be glad you have them!

JaMiEj said...

I LOVE mine! Thank you so much for blessing me with your talents Spitty! :)

LeAnn said...

I made some of these and after some experimenting I found that if you put a thin layer of batting in it they will absorb the yuckiness much better. :) super cute fabric too