Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Little Boy Tie

I was SO happy to see a tutorial on little boy ties. It hurts me to go to Tie One On at the mall and spend $20 on one tie for Brandon. I went through my fabric scraps and made 7 ties for free! For those who are LDS, you can use old garments for whatever you want once you've cut the marks out. I used some old silk garments for the inside fabric of the tie. Makes them look like fancy and like they were store bought!

You can find instructions for this project here. She also has a link to the pattern. These were so easy to make and didn't take too long. Especially if you don't make 7 ties like I did :)

The tutorial says that 1/4 yard of fabric would be plenty. That's probably right. You could probably use old t-shirts or something! Also, I lengthened a couple of these ties just to see which ones would fit best on my almost 3-year-old. The original pattern length was fine.


5 comments:

Angie said...

oh i love the argyle one! cute!

alecia said...

guide me, oh wise, talented mother of a son...

Janell R. Cropper said...

SO cute! Love them all!

Katelyn said...

If I ever have a boy, I'll pay you to make me some of these! So cute!!

lady di said...

I love all those cute ties -- I would have a hard time picking my favorite. So I think I will pick that handsome boy with the tie on:)