Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mod Podge Headband

I've been wanting to get some cute headbands for a long time now since they are so in style and so cute. But all the ones I found at the store weren't cute at all... Then I had an idea. *lightbulb* Why don't I just decorate some plain headbands? Then I can make them look however I want them to!

I bought a 3-pack of headbands and Walmart for about $4 and got out some scraps of fabric. I cut a strip of fabric 1 1/2 inches wide and 14 inches long, enough to completely cover the headband.

Then I applied Mod Podge to the outside and edges of the headband and stuck the fabric on.


I applied more Mod Podge to the fabric when it was secured to the headband.

I knew I had seen a way to make fabric flowers but I was having trouble finding some tutorials. I found this video that showed a very simple way to make some! She uses fabric glue and I would probably recommend that too because I burned myself a few times using my hot glue gun. But that worked perfectly too. Whatever you have on hand.



When the headband was all dry I hot glued my flower to it. Here it is! It's too bad none of my maternity clothes go with this headband... Oh wait, I have 2 more headbands to make!

6 comments:

ms aimee said...

omg cute. i want to see a pic of you wearing this!!!

alecia said...

ha, that is what I want too!! so cute.

Angie said...

great work brit! so cute!

Janell R. Cropper said...

absolutely love it! I want that!

Bre And Drew said...

wow it turned out so good!! I've been wanting some headbands too, thanks for sharing this, I think I'll have to try it!

lady di said...

You did good, Brittany, -- so good! Love your creations!