Saturday, September 22, 2012

Baby Denim Skirt

If Katy's going to be wearing those leggings she's got to have some skirts to go with them. Right? Right?! I found this simple skirt tutorial here. Skirts have always been something I'm not very good at. But I knew I could do this one because it was just a rectangle piece of fabric and a casing for the elastic. I've done that tons of times.

I found some cute denim fabric at walmart and couldn't pick just one. So I got two pieces, 1/2 yard each. I mean, who has just one denim skirt? For Katy, her measurements were-- Waist: 20" Length: 10". According to the instructions, I added 8" to the waist (28") and divided by two since I was folding my fabric in half (14") and 2.5" to the length (12.5"). Both skirts ended up being a bit long so I did have to trim up the bottom but that was it! Each one took about an hour.

Voila! I may have to find some fabric scraps around the house and make more!!! This could easily be done for little girls, too!




No comments: