Monday, November 29, 2010

Snowman Advent Calendar and Marker

I think this is my favorite Christmas decoration! Well, next to my stockings of course. This was so easy and fun! And cheap! I found these great felt squares at Hobby Lobby in Orem which is what inspired the whole idea.


First, I cut out the circles for the snowman body. I just walked around my house finding circle shaped items. I ended up using my wall clock, a dinner plate, and a bucket. The wall clock was a little big so I cut that one down a little bit but everything else was perfect.

For the mittens I just found a picture on Google and traced it onto the felt.

I used my Cricut to cut out the squares on the calendar and also for the "coal" circles and carrot nose. For the numbers I used that 3D fabric paint.



After everything was cut out I used my hot glue gun to glue it all on.

The stitching around the edges took the longest. Not hard at all but it is a little time consuming. FYI it's called a button-hole stitch. I found instructions on how to do it here.


The marker is just fabric, quilt batting, and stitching. Cute right?

I still haven't figured out how exactly to hang it up so any ideas from you would be great. Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

alecia said...

So, maybe you should have an etsy shop...you are so creative!

Bre And Drew said...

I love the tree marker. Seriously this is such a cute idea! you inspire me. :)

ms aimee said...

i would buy this...