Saturday, November 13, 2010

Wall Clock

I did this project at a Super Saturday today. I can tell you the steps I went through to make it.
1. Paint clock front and sides with brown acrylic paint. I did 2 coats. Let it dry completely.
2. Apply layer of crackle medium. The thicker the layer, the bigger cracks you'll have. Dry completely.
3. Apply layer of cream acrylic paint. Get a good glob on your brush and cover one section at a time. As it dries it will crackle. Don't paint over anything that has crackled -- it will just cover it up. Dry completely.
4. Stain the crackled paint with a mixture of the brown paint and a little water with a rag (the girl at the thing used a sock) then dab over it with a dry rag (or sock) to make it even. Dry completely.
5. Apply vinyl face (i'm not sure how she made that part) to clock, rub on. Attach hands.
It took 3 1/2 hours because of all the drying time. And there were like a million other people needing the lady's help. It was fun though. I LOVE it!!

3 comments:

alecia said...

"Do they have large talons?"
"I don't understand a word you just said."
But it is beautiful!

Bre And Drew said...

Holy cow this is SO cute! I wanted to come to your super saturday so I could make one too. I really want a cute big clock above our bed. This turned out so great! you're amazing!

LeAnn said...

I love it! I've been wanting to make a clock like that for a long time, because they are so expensive to buy!