Friday, January 14, 2011

Toddler belt

Most of the pants I buy for Brandon fit perfectly except for the waist. The pants fall right off. Then when they fit around the waist, they're too short. Ugh. I knew I had seen a tutorial on making a child's belt on my favorite craft blog so I found it and made some! You can get the instructions here. To be safe, I just bought a whole yard of ribbon. I bought 2 different kinds and some D rings at Walmart (1" size)  for a total of $2.26. Can you imagine how much it would cost to buy a little belt in the store? I don't think I've even seen any. What a great gift this would make! I whipped these together in like 10 minutes and I love them so much already!
My little model :)

The striped one is 3/4 of a yard and is almost too small! Get a whole yard and then trim it down to the size you need.

Also, for that tan canvas-y ribbon you only need to buy one piece.

2 comments:

Bre And Drew said...

ha ha I love his little "cheese" face. it's so cute! and the belt is awesome and a way good idea.

alecia said...

that is so funny, I just needed a toddler belt today...but I just used a ribbon and tied a bow...your way is much better!